Monday, July 11, 2011

Recently I noticed that this blog is following a pattern much like my academic interests during college; as I’ve stated before, I was an art history major but my real passion was cultural anthropology.  When I first started this blog I thought I would fill it with lovely pictures of feminine furniture/design and great shopping deals I found online.  Perhaps I’d throw in a museum review here or there.  So far this has not been the case, but today I will change my tune.  Or at least return to what I thought my original tune was going to be.

Because I work at a prop house filled with unique furniture and decorative pieces, the only websites I feel comfortable perusing in my down time (which is becoming more precious and rare hence my lack of blog-attention) are design websites and blogs.  This morning while doing my usual apartmenttherapy.com skimming I felt something I haven’t felt for a long time- like I found a new best friend. 

A new, Moroccan best friend!  The soft, fluffy texture of these blankets paired with the silver sparkle is like something that came to me in dream.  I’ve always had a vague recollection that something like this existed, but now that I’ve seen it with my own eyes I truly feel like I’ve found my decorative equivalent of a kindred spirit.  I want to stay up late under one giggling and whispering secrets in its ear.  I want to go backpacking through Europe with it then be maid-of-honor at its wedding.  I feel these blankets understand me and I understand them-  they’re slightly over the top while still retaining a sense of decorum and class- like a drag queen who painstakingly recreates the vintage feel of golden-era Hollywood.  The fact that they can be purchased through websites such as this one only strengthens my loyalty.  However, it may be a while until this good friend and I meet…. my bank account doesn’t exactly match up with my taste.  One day!  One Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment