Tuesday, June 7, 2011

It's about time

There are few things I enjoy enough to draw me away from tasks such as tweezing my eyebrows while listening to Office reruns in my free time. Writing, however, is one of them. It's likely I am better at tweezing my eyebrows than writing, but please bear with me (insert kitsch picture of me and a grizzly embracing) as I indulge my desire to return to writing.

Like so many members of my generation, as well as a frighteningly high number of baby boomers and grandparents, I think in Facebook updates and Tweets. As any person I would ever associates with in the real world would surely agree "Really loving this Diet Coke right now!"  is not worthy of an update or a tweet.  While "Pondering the existence of god" has no place in an update either.  I do try to keep my FB updates to a minimum which makes it hard to report on my daily capers and quandaries.  Well, here I am, on this blog, trying to find middle ground.  I can't guarantee I won't rave about beverages.  I can guarantee I won't rave about god.

Having lived in China for two years and now moving towards the end of my first year in New York City, I am constantly bombarded with experiences that are too irreverent not to share.  I can't say I haven't heard statements like "weirdos really must like you." OR "perverts really must like you." OR "pyschotics really must LOVE you!" at least a dozen times.  I prefer to believe it's not society's rejects who are attracted to me, its my better than average memory and reportage skills that make it seem that way.

The three things I feel the most fired-up over these days are dating, design, and dogma (or my lack thereof). Damn. That would have been a much better title for this blog.  Well, anyway..... welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment